Tumbled Tile Coaster


This is a very simple project that makes a much appreciated gift. (I made a set of these to give as a hostess gift to my sister on Thanksgiving. Shhh) Take a tumbled tile (very inexpensive at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.) and stamp with Stazon ink. (After stamping, many people recommend that you heat set the ink by placing the coaster in a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes.) I used colored Stazon ink, but you could use black Stazon, and then color in the image with a permanent marker such as a Sharpie or Fabrico. Heat set again in the oven, as above, after coloring. I like the simplicity of just the colored Stazon for these leaves. This is the Luscious Leaves set, from The Angel Company, which is being retired and is available until Dec. 28. Add some felt or a cork coaster to the bottom of the tile to finish it off. (Tie a set of these up with some pretty ribbon, and it makes a very nice gift.)

2 comments:

S. Holland said...

Hi: I really like these simple coasters. Thanks for sharing your technique. I will start working with ceramic tiles too. I like the small spaces. I found you at Stamping Friends.

ketz said...

I can feel the fall season in this coaster. Great job! By the way, do you also make Glass Coasters? I'm interested in seeing this because I'm collecting this kind of coasters.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sheet Music You Can Print Immediately

Find Easter sheet music to print instantly at Virtual Sheet Music
Clickin' Moms >
Free Craft Ideas Free craft ideas patterns and projects. Find craft ideas for kids and the holidays, scrapbooking articles and layouts, sewing patterns and candle making instructions.

Template Brought by :

blogger templates