I'm sorry...

I've been away for a few days. I've been here...


That's the view from our balcony during our vacation last week on the gulf coast of Alabama (Orange Beach/Gulf Shores.) Not too hard to take at all! It was absolutely wonderful. My question is, with places as beautiful as this, why do I live so far away from them??? Anyway, I haven't worked on any projects (other than relaxing!), so I thought I would show you a picture of another project that I did several years ago--a collage card. I chalked a background and stamped on it, then tore it and inked the edges. The pressed flower is a real one, and the photo (copy of the photo actually) is a really old one of my grandmother (who passed away in 1985 at the age of 92. She attended the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis, and I wish I had asked her more about that when I had the chance.) I have a bunch of stamps, little charms, doilies, etc. in drawers for this type of project, so I am going to make some more of these collage cards. In my earlier stamping days, I would always make my own backgrounds (instead of relying on printed papers. Lately I've been getting back to that old school stamping style and enjoying it. Plus, I have all of these products sitting idle in my "studio" basement that are begging to be used.) This card actually won a contest (sponsored by Buffalo Stampede, a stamp company that I think no longer exists.) They had some gorgeous unmounted stamps. (Yes, back then I had time for things like entering contests.)


Finally, here's a fun photo from vacation that cracks me up---my two comedians. Hope it makes you smile. (And are you all remembering my challenge to stop and smell the flowers? That's kind of what I was doing last week (although instead of flowers, it was sea air!)




16 comments:

sophiesmama said...

Lovely, lovely card!

Lucky you, to get to go to the beach...I'm so jealous! I'm land-locked here in KY. We go to the river, which just isn't the same, lol!

Hugs,
Mary

Debbie in Nashville said...

Thanks for stopping by the other day and entering my giveaway. Love the layout of your blog, so crafty looking!

Jen said...

Stopping by from SITS to say Hi!

Pam said...

Thanks Mary,Debbie, and Jen, for stopping by. Mary, we usually go to the river too (we are landlocked in Missouri!), but made the long drive (about 12 hours I think) to the beach this year. It was worth it. A long drive though!

Casey's trio said...

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! Your beach pic makes me very envious....my dream vacations always involve a beach!!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Good morning,
Stumbled on your blog this morning from SITS. I love Gulf Shores. It's been years, but I have some great memories of a family vacation there when my oldest was just a baby! Good times:) Have a great day.

Juls said...

That beach looks wonderful...and I think that I live so far away from beautiful places so that I'll appreciate them more if and when I get to visit... :)
You're really really talented! I loved your stamping project. Wow! I'm just not that crafty or creative....
Thank you for your kind words today on my post and for visiting my blog. Come back any time!

Madison said...

Hi I am Madison. I love your blog and your crafts!! Im following you now and hope you have a great day!!

Love, Madison

Madison said...

Hey Pam thanks for following and commenting!! That's really cool that you guys have homeschooled and it's cool that your daughter loves Egyptian stuff! Have a great day!

Love, Madison

Tricia McWhorter said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sitting by the beach sounds pretty good to me right now. Did you take advantage of the parasailing like in the picture? I always wish I had the nerve to try it.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh we love Gulf Shores. My honey and I went there on one of our first family vacation..him, I and our little 2 year old. Have fun.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Your blog is so cute!!! I love it. :) Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Connie Weiss said...

I've always wanted to go there! And how i"m in Utah and just keep getting further and further away.

Have a great weekend!

Julie said...

Your Blog is so cute! I love the colors!!!!
My favorite place is the BEACH!!!
But...my daughter and I are the only ones in our family that likes it. So...we are always out numbered.
Your card is so creative...and unique. Thanks for becoming a follower....Have a beautiful SUNDAY..Julie

Cazzy said...

Hi Pam,

Heavenly view, great card and love your two with the graffiti fence!

Cazzy x

luverlie said...

I was searching for buffalo stampede stamps. Found your post. She had such great stamps and I can't believe that she's out of business. Lucky you to have some.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sheet Music You Can Print Immediately

Find Easter sheet music to print instantly at Virtual Sheet Music
Clickin' Moms >
Free Craft Ideas Free craft ideas patterns and projects. Find craft ideas for kids and the holidays, scrapbooking articles and layouts, sewing patterns and candle making instructions.

Template Brought by :

blogger templates